Monday, May 24, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Will saw a man at the park the other day. He said, "There goes Josh's dad!"

A pretty normal thing for a kid to say except he doesn't know anyone named Josh (see my earlier post about pretend real people). We have had a lot of "Josh" sightings recently. We think it's because that's the name of a character in one of his books.

Anyway, I told Brad that Will had seen "Josh's dad" at the park and the following conversation ensued:

Brad: Who is Josh?
Will: Oh, he works for me.
Brad: He works for you? Where do you work?
Will: At Costco.
Brad: Josh works for you at Costco and you saw his dad at the park?
Will: Yeah.
Brad: What do you do at Costco?
Will: I have a lot of people who work for me. They make robots.
Brad: What do the robots do?
Will: They help do my job.
Brad: So you have people at Costco who work for you making robots to do your job at Costco?
Will: Yeah, it's pretty cool.

1 comment:

brett said...

that does sound pretty cool!